Monday, November 7, 2011

Broccoli Cheese Soup Pioneer Woman style

I pretty much love any recipe Ms Ree posts.
I was also excited to try and Broccoli Cheese soup recipe that DOESN'T use velvetta.
Why yes, I love the processed cheese spread. But I would like to use more real foods when cooking.

A friend has posted Pollan's Food rules. Wow. They are a great read! I need to try and follow these more. For example. Eat/Cook only foods that your grandmother would recognize as real food. (not exact phrasing) Link to news article-www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/michael-pollan/food-rules-a-completely-d_b_410173.html

Here's the link to PW's soup.

www.thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/11/broccoli-cheese-soup/


Loved it!
Although I left out the nutmeg, didn't have any. And I used milk instead of 1/2 and 1/2. Didn't have that either. But I had onion! And broccoli! And cheese! And milk! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment