Monday, November 7, 2011

Birthday Cake Makin Days!

I decided to make my daughters 5th bday cake. We would be having a party with her bff R. So the race was on.... What to make, what color, what flavor, how much???!!

Make a cake..duh.

Pink double duh.

Chocolate/yellow combo triple duh.

Three layer baby!

Although some yellow cake dislikers said we needed white cake. Pshaw. :)

Ok so, three layer, pink buttercreme with yellow Fondant highlights. Sounds easy huh!

Not! Fondant failed big time. I wanted the top layer for Lou and R to share and I wanted it yellow Fondant with a "5". Well you can't have your Fondant cake and eat it too, dontcha know?

The Fondant highlights worked, but the layering Fondant. Not so much.

So all layers were buttercreme aka buttah-creme. My inspiration was IamBaker's rose cake tutorial. Let's just say her cakes look like beautiful embroidered roses and mine looks like playdoh roses. But I tried. And Lou said "mommy you are so awesome" "mommy this cake looks so awesome" that's all that matters :)
of course several fellow party goers bragged on my cake decorating attempt. Thank you friends, your too kind. :)

The cake was yummy. The bff's like the pink and posed prettily in front of their cake. They nibbled on their Fondant initials I "tried" to make :)
a good time was had by all.

Except for my diet, she hated every second of oooey gooey buttah-creme makin, and cake eatin', and second helpings.

Ser-is-lee. Hated it. I on the other hand loved it... Until I visit with my other friend Mr. Wii FitScale. He's French. Bad with numbers by the way. And I think he lies.

Well enough blogramble. Here's the cake pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment