Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A little Home Economics Class. Delish.

A friend asked for a cookie recipe yesterday. Thus inspiring me to make the lovely, soft, just the right amount of sweet, fast disappearing, Pumpkin Doodles. My heart skips a beat for these puppies!

A different friend gave me the recipe. Originally from the KC Star. I found it online at

http://www.mom2momkc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=11441

I'll be posting the recipe and step by wonderful steps of the baking process. Hopefully this turns out better than my sewing blunder :-). These cookies remind me of Thanksgiving and snuggles. And the cool weather that Fall brings.

Aaachooo... Aaachoo. Bless me. Pet peeve nĂºmero 16587. Feeling totally helpless when a sneeze attack comes on. You CAN'T HELP BUT CLOSE YOUR EYES!! You totally have to quit blogging, watching the road while driving, speaking intelligent sentences, eating yummy pumpkin doodles... And the list goes on....whew. Pet peeve rant ended. Really I'm done.

Thinking pumpkin doodle thought now-

Here's the copy and pasted recipe from Mom2momkc.com. Pictures and taste test to follow. Well, taste test for moi... Hehehehehe this is where my inner child wants to say neee neeeer neener I get a cookie and you don't!! That is you don't unless you bake some at your home. I guess a blog isn't really the place to unleash the inner child? Is it? Much apologies.. =P

Ok so seriously HERE IS THE RECIPE-

"The Kansas City Star Magazine's "Last Bite" feature. The recipe came from Ellen Breeding of Ellie B's Cookies, and it's gooooooooood.
Here's the link: http://www.kansascity.com/971/story/1464283.html"
And here's the recipe:
Pumpkin Doodles

Beat 8 ounces softened, unsalted butter on medium speed. Add 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar and 1/2 cup canned pumpkin. Beat until fluffy.
Add 1 teaspoon cream of tartar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda. Mix well. Add 2 teaspoons vanilla extract and 1 large egg. Beat until well mixed.
Add 3 cups and 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour in two increments, beating until just incorporated.
Cover dough with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour. (I chilled overnight and it was fine.)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix 1/3 cup granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice and 1 teaspoon cinnamon to create coating.
Remove half of dough from refrigerator and roll into 1 1/2 -inch balls. Roll balls in coating, covering all sides. Place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
Bake 12-14 minutes. Allow cookies to cool 5 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack. Repeat process with other half of mixture.



Pretty easy huh? Now go forth and cooketh cookies! And dontcha know, you can pretend these are low fat. Since they have pumpkin and all in them... That's what I do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment